Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mr MKK FARMS, Sep 23, 2013.

1. GAFarmGirl87

GAFarmGirl87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2013
    NW Georgia
    Good news! After just 1 dose of antibiotics, whatever my light brahma had was cleared up. I gave them all 2 more doses just to be sure. I'm so glad that's over!

Yesterday dad & I harvested 6 more layers. I took the 2 smallest and made chicken stock, then put the pulled chicken in the fridge for salad and sandwiches.

Look at the eggs we got out of them! So neat!
    [​IMG]

2. ocap

ocap Overrun With Chickens

Jan 1, 2013
    Smithville, Missouri
    good morning.
    all hens are now separate from the roosters, took the last hen to the egg coop last night after dark.
    coffee is nice this morning

3. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. chickisoup

[​IMG]

Morning everyone!
    My new Aussie babies are 2 weeks old today and everything is looking good
    [​IMG]
    Gave them their first hard boiled egg yolk yesterday. Once they figured out what it was for I caused a riot!!! [​IMG]

5. chickisoup

28o this morning but all the snow has melted and it's supposed to be warmer the rest of the week! [​IMG]

Alaskan-
    I was outside yesterday checking things out and all our swallow houses in our field are fully occupied! I also think I saw a flash of blue!Wasn't sure if it was a blue bird or an indigo bunting. We have had both in our houses in the past. We have also had an occasional Cardinal visit the last couple years. I guess another proof for global warming. Ten years ago we were totally out of their range. Folks say they are becoming a more common sight within the cities just to our south.
    The snow birds are gone! That must a good omen, right???

6. tjo804

tjo804 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2014
    Cedar Creek, Texas
    Good Morning everyone
    [​IMG]

7. chickwhispers

chickwhispers A French Hen

Apr 16, 2012
    Northwest OH
    My Coop
    [​IMG]
    Good Morning!!!

So sorry @pollitos2013 . [​IMG] That's an awful feeling to have that happen! I'm in Northwest Ohio. You can have some of mine! I have too many? Is there really such a thing? But I digress! Yes I ordered more chicks than I knew I could accommodate when they get full size. Well I probably could accommodate them but that's more poo than I want. Anyway seriously I have 10 more coming today They went to Cleveland first? and left there at 9 last night. You think they would be here by now! And I have 21 chicks and 5 hens already. I was trying to get all the breeds I think I want. I plan on selling the extras when they are about 12-16 weeks old, for cost + feed. Just PM if you might want any.

Chicki- Love Maxine! Sure hope it warms up for you soon!

GAFarmgirl-- that's quite a haul for 6. Is there usually so many?

I have found 2 new mugs online I just don't know where to get them!
    [​IMG]
    I still have several fix-it jobs left but I am slowed down quite a bit by Allergy season! It has wreaked havoc with the sinuses this year! [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    I'm going to assume that's 2 chicks AND 2 cups of coffee.

Still waiting on the Post Office to call!!![​IMG]

Will posts those chick pics as soon as they get here! Today I need to make the roof for the brooder as it is now going out doors! DSO said no more sunroom chicks.[​IMG]

Have an awesome day all!!!

8. cindynkidsd

cindynkidsd Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2013
    Southeast VA
    Yeah it's time for my 27 babies to vacate the dining room. Tomorrow!! They're two and a half weeks but the outside brooder will be warm enough. It's just hard not to have them right where I can check on them.

9. Highcotton

Highcotton Southern Chickens

Mar 18, 2013
    Mother uesd to boil those yolks with the chicken. They were so good

10. chickwhispers

chickwhispers A French Hen

Apr 16, 2012
    Northwest OH
    My Coop
    I didn't know you could do that!

I know I feel the same way! :hugs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by