Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mr MKK FARMS, Sep 23, 2013.

1. chickwhispers

chickwhispers A French Hen

Apr 16, 2012
    Northwest OH
    My Coop
    New chicks have arrived! Yay!
    1casualty a BCM. :hit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Puddin Fluff

Puddin Fluff Overrun With Chickens

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR
    [​IMG] Sorry for the one casualty.[​IMG]

3. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

Super congrats that the illness worry is DONE! Happy ending are wonderful.

One of my happy childhood memories is butchering a layer, and giving all of those yolks to the new outside/ranch kittens. I still rememeber one kitten grabbed one and trying to run off with it to eat it by himself. That kitten though was still too much kitten and not yet a cat, so tripped over its big kitten feet and the yolk burst all over its face. :D

I forget, why are you separating them? End of breeding/incubating season?

Well, I am further north, so my swallows have only been here a day or two, and it is rainy today, I am not sure where they are hiding. I don't yet know if all of my boxes will be filled, or what kinds I will get. I get three kinds of swallows. Maybe four years back something must have happened to my swallows over the winter since SO few showed up that year. It was very sad. :( But, the numbers have been building back up again, and last year was the first year that my third kind showed up.

:lau

Yeah, there was a "spousal comment" yesterday. -sigh-

I snuck the broody out through the window, and put her outside with some of the chicks. As soon as she shows that she will mother well, then the majority of the chicks will follow. However, with this rain, it is COLD. Yesterday we rotated chicks. Every four hours we swapped out which chicks were outside, to make sure no one was getting chilled. :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  4. SparkleFlower

SparkleFlower Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2013
    HI PEOPLES!!! I'M DRINKING COFFEE FROM A BOWL WITH A STRAW! I WAS UP FOR 24 HOURS YESTERDAY, SO I SLEPT FOR 16 LAST NIGHT BUT I'M STILL TIRED!

MY MUSCOVY DUCK HAS BEEN SITTING ON HER EGGS FOR 35 DAYS NOW, THEY ARE NOT PIPPING YET, BUT I HOPE THEY WILL SOON! SHE HAS 7 EGGS LEFT, SHE ATE THE 9 OTHER EGGS[​IMG] I CANDLED THE EGGS YESTERDAY AND I SAW 1 DUCKLING MOVING INSIDE! THIS WILL BE DAISY'S FIRST HATCH! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH NEWLY HATCHED DUCKLINGS, BUT I'M SOOOO EXCITED! THE YOUNGEST DUCKLINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN WERE 2 WEEKS OLD, SO I GUESS THESE ONES WILL BE A LOT SMALLER!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]THOSE CHICKS ARE SOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!![​IMG]
    WHAT IS A "BCM"?

5. GAFarmGirl87

GAFarmGirl87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2013
    NW Georgia

I'll try that next time.

6. GAFarmGirl87

Apr 27, 2013
    NW Georgia

Such fluffy cuteness!!!
    Sorry for the lost one! :hugs

7. GAFarmGirl87

Apr 27, 2013
    NW Georgia

:lau

8. GAFarmGirl87

Apr 27, 2013
    NW Georgia

new babies are always exciting! :clap

BCM is a Black Copper Marans. :)

9. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

New chicks have arrived! Yay!
    1casualty a BCM. [​IMG]

sorry for the loss, BUT the rest of the babies are so cute!!! What are they again???

10. chickwhispers

chickwhispers A French Hen

Apr 16, 2012
    Northwest OH
    My Coop
    Thanks everyone! Yes they are sssooooo cute! DSO said they can stay in the sun room for a few days! :clap Now I can finish up the brooder how I want instead of a rush job just to get it done! :weee It's getting a remodel and some up grades! What else from a construction chick!
    I ordered 3 BCM -Black Copper Marans -1 that didn't make it
    2 SF - Salmon Favorelles
    2 OE - Olive Eggers
    2 GLW - Golden Laced Wyandottes
    1 Meyer Hatchery Meal maker - they sent a Buff Orphington! So cute! They are all so cute! I can't wait for the eggs now! :D

Last edited: May 6, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by