Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mr MKK FARMS, Sep 23, 2013.

1. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

Hi!
    I know right where you are, well pretty close anyway. My dad's family farm used to be (where he grew up but long gone after his parents passed) on the high ground just off the north shore of lake Charlavoix (?). Sleeping Bear Dunes is a beautiful place. Far as I remember that whole part of the state is not the kind of area that would support a high concentration of bear like where I am now. Up here they have a hunting season with a waiting list for permits for both with (grrrrr, stupid) dogs and one without dogs in the fall to control the population. If there is no hunting season for them by you, that will tell you the population is either very low or nonexistent.

2. chickisoup

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. chickwhispers

chickwhispers A French Hen

Apr 16, 2012
    Northwest OH
    My Coop
    Good :Dmorning! :D

4. pysankigirl

pysankigirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2012
    Virginia
    TGIF

seriously. I want the weekend to start NOW

but have coffee...

5. Highcotton

Highcotton Southern Chickens

Mar 18, 2013
    That's quite an interesting bear story. City folks just don't about natures cute creatures and other things. They complain about all of the farmer's land being posted. They go through leaving gates open scaring livestock and leaving ATV rut in the land causing erosion.

6. chickwhispers

chickwhispers A French Hen

Apr 16, 2012
    Northwest OH
    My Coop
    We get snowmobilers that have run over many tree seedlings and killed them. Not just a couple but like a 150 foot row of them! We even had our gates to the driveway stolen, and DSOs grandfathers antique wagon wheels and frame stolen. Evidently they think since they weren't by the pole barn and were close to the road that they were "free". :idunno :th :barnie

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  7. Highcotton

Highcotton Southern Chickens

Mar 18, 2013
    Bears are not just in the North. There are bears all of the way into Middle Georgia.There is bear hunting here. Every year there are bears sighted here in yards near forested areas.

8. pollitos2013

pollitos2013 Chillin' With My Peeps

Lions and tigers and bears and coffee and chickens and Rain! Lots of rain today... happy Friday to everyone

:caf

9. chickisoup

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  10. pollitos2013

pollitos2013 Chillin' With My Peeps

I hope the bears have all woken up, drunk their coffee and moved on!

Quick question for my chicken friends (be gentle, I am very green...) Should I continue to use wood shavings for my chickens or can I use sawdust as I just got 16 cubic yards delivered for horse stalls?

I think I remember that sawdust is too dusty for chickens?

:idunno

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by