Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mr MKK FARMS, Sep 23, 2013.

1. chickwhispers

chickwhispers A French Hen

Apr 16, 2012
    Northwest OH
    My Coop
    Whoa! Bears must not like MI/OH/IND border area. In all my years living in southern MI and NW OH and the tri state area never seen nor heard of bears around. We must not have enough woods then. OR maybe we don't have good garbage. ;)

2. chickwhispers

chickwhispers A French Hen

Apr 16, 2012
    Northwest OH
    My Coop
    I had to laugh at my hens today. I was working on the run and they were hanging out with me. It's fully covered. It started to get extremely windy and pouring buckets and they ran around in circles for a few minutes squawking going crazy and finally ran out in the pour rain under a bush that clearly was letting them get soaked. :lau But less wind. :idunno they spent the next hour under the run preening. :lol:

3. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

[​IMG]

4. chicken scout

chicken scout Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2014
    you are very welcome i am always happy to lend a tear

5. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

I would use it, I find the dust settles down and it packs pretty nicely after you toss it in.

I use a sawdust/wood shavings blend that I get from the local lumber mills. I really don't find it that bad/dusty, and I have not had a sudden outburst of respiratory infections after putting it in the coop. :confused:

If I bag and haul it myself it is free, if they bag it for me, a giant black trash bag is only five bucks. Can't beat that.

6. chicken scout

chicken scout Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2014
    and guess who hauls the bags?

7. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

RGINESS!!

The children SAID that we NEEDED to get one more chick. (I was stopping for tomato plants and parrot food, at the small mom and pop feed store/plant store).

They had EE chicks. ....... ....... ...... with fluffy cheeks...... .... and lots of color choices ...... .....

The kids said that we were being "good" since we would only buy one. :rolleyes:

8. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    I like your new avvy Chicken Scout. :)

9. TeaChick

TeaChick Overrun With Chickens

May 5, 2013
    Deep South
    My Coop
    [​IMG] for your little Favvy!!!

My DH likes my chicken pot pie. IDK why, it's just thickened chicken soup with veggies under pie crust. [​IMG]

10. TeaChick

TeaChick Overrun With Chickens

May 5, 2013
    Deep South
    My Coop
    I need to print out that ecard in poster size!!! lol
    Happy Friday to you too!!! =)

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by