Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mr MKK FARMS, Sep 23, 2013.

1. saltandpepper2

saltandpepper2 Chillin' With My Peeps

And she accepted the chicks? Maybe I'll do that, since I've never incubated before, lol

2. chicken scout

chicken scout Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2014
    now the plan is to go there every day and only get one each time, before long we will have all of them [​IMG]

3. chicken scout

chicken scout Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2014
    yes but it was annoying changing the chicks out all the time

4. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

Yep, you will want to pull them as they hatch, and then give them all back when all have hatched.

Though, when the last one hatched, I would let her brood only the last ones to help her switch from "broody" to "mothering" and once she is feeding and watering the youngest chicks, add in the older ones.

Always stand and watch for ten minutes or so to make sure she is happy with them.

I have read of nasty broodies that will actually kill chicks.

5. Alaskan

Alaskan The Frosted Flake

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?

The kids said we had to go there today to buy potato starts.

6. saltandpepper2

saltandpepper2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks so much! that will be so much easier than having to try to incubate them at the last moment!

7. pysankigirl

pysankigirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2012
    Virginia
    well you can send some to me and I will let you know if it is really that good (I love chicken pot pie!!!!)

Good Idea...I hope you suceeded better than I. I scrambled to get stuff done this morning before the rain but although I bought a cup of joe, I only drank about half of it because I put it down somewhere and lost it. then when I realized it (I usually have about 3 cups by noon) I rushed to get the caffine in so I wouldn't get a headache and then promptly crashed. Odd seeing that I'd just had caffiene...does it not affect me anymore? weird. very satisfying nap, though...

well...off to clean the house and start preparing food. having dinner guests tonight!

8. GAFarmGirl87

GAFarmGirl87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2013
    NW Georgia

She's got 3 game eggs under her. Can't wait to see how they do!

Yep, my cats bring me those all the time. Nasty suckers. They've been tearing up my yard. Grr

9. GAFarmGirl87

GAFarmGirl87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2013
    NW Georgia

Well, the rain came before I finished my coffee. Sigh. I got soaked, but at least everyone got fed. :)

Right now I'm sitting in the pen with my chicks, taking pics and trying to let them get used to me. Today they found out about scratch! :lol:

10. ronott1

ronott1 Daily Digest Guru Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Woodland, California
    My Coop
    I am making espresso in my Mocha Pot. I may put Baileys Irish Cream in it--It is Saturday!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by