1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Six (6) Blue Isbar Eggs, Rare, Imported, Beautiful! AUCTION!

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by The Sheriff, Feb 27, 2012.

1. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    This is an Auction Formated Listing - Please do not PM to bid! - Place your bid in a reply.

Bidding will start at: $30.00
    Additional bids will be in increasing $1.00 increments

Shipping will be via USPS Priority Mail at a cost of $15.00. Eggs will ship within 2 days of auction end.

Auction ends at 5:00 p.m. PST on Sunday, March 4, 2012
    Please place your bid as a reply to this classified (do not PM to bid!).
    Subscribe to this classified auction using the immediate notification setting when you bid so that you can stay informed!

[​IMG]

Extremely Rare * Imported Blue, Black, Splash Isbar Hatching Eggs

The Isbar was developed in Sweden in the 1950s by Martin Silverudd. Blue is the preferred color, but as with most blue fowl, they also exist in Splash and Black as well. They lay around 200 large green eggs a year. The shade of green varies and eggs can also be spotted. They are a fairly docile, easy-going bird and generally do well free ranging. My flock of one cockerel and eight pullets came directly from Greenfire Farms imported line. The combs are erect and straight and the feathering and leg color are correct. The striking blue color, gorgeous green eggs, and their rarity make the Isbar the ultimate backyard chicken.

Terms of this sale:

Eggs have been tested for fertility. Please understand that I will package the eggs to the best of my ability to prevent breakage, but I cannot be responsible for damage done in transit. These eggs will be wrapped individually in bubble wrapped, then boxed. The package will be double boxed with styrofoam packing peanuts between the boxes. They will be shipped USPS Priority Mail unless the buyer contacts me and opts to pay additional for Express shipping. When the eggs have shipped you will receive a tracking number. The fact that an egg does not hatch does not mean that it was infertile. Rough handling, x-rays, etc can cause damage that prevents the egg from developing. For this reason, the buyer must understand that I will not replace or refund eggs that do not hatch or develop. Buying hatching eggs is a gamble. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I will do everything possible to assure you a win but will not be responsible should Lady Luck not cooperate. In addition, I reserve the right to refuse sales to anyone if I feel the situation warrants it.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  2. 100AcreWoodFarm

100AcreWoodFarm New Egg

Sep 7, 2011
    $40

3. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw

4. Chicken Coach

Chicken Coach Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2009
    Wow Sheriff,these chickens are purdy.[​IMG]

5. LuvinMyPeeps

LuvinMyPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2008
    Powhatan, VA 23139
    These are beautiful! Any chance you'll have more than 6 or can do at least a dozen another time?

6. Tonya

Tonya Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    Broken Bow, Oklahoma
    nice looking birds very pretty

7. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Thanks to everyone who has PM'd about my gorgeous Isbars! To those specifically asking if they can buy a dozen, I would have to say no at this time. Only two of my girls are laying and I think by the time I collect 12 eggs and ship them they would be older than I would like. With six more pullets about to start laying I think I will be able to bump the auctions up to 12 eggs soon. As soon as I can offer 12 "fresh" Isbar hatching eggs I will do so. I may be able to bump the next auction up to 9 eggs.

Thanks for the interest!

Mary

8. Giddi-Up

Giddi-Up Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2010
    Lewiston

9. LuvinMyPeeps

LuvinMyPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2008
    Powhatan, VA 23139
    Oooh I can't wait until you have a 9 or 12 egg auction! Until then, I'll be lurking and drooling... hee hee. [​IMG]

10. The Sheriff

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    Maybe just lurk until I post it, then start drooling. Just a suggestion. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by