SIX chicks.....and that's all...hmmm

kaybats

Songster
8 Years
Jun 4, 2011
Six chicks. That was my limit. But let's do chicken math....

Yes. I got SIX. Six RIR. PLUS TWO Buff Orps. PLUS FIVE rainbow pullets (can't wait to see who they are!!!). PLUS four ducklings.

All told....17......crazy....you bet!!!!!

AND I'm going back tomorrow to get the girls who have been left behind.

I did a little better, I went for six and ended up with ten! I'm waiting to see how many turn out to be roos so I can get more..

What sickens me is there was a Mom there getting a "PRESENT" for her son. She has no intention of caring for or even including this bird as a family member......makes me sick

This is my first chickens, but I'm an avid animal lover. I was never really interested in birds b/c they seemed boring to me. At 3 weeks old I am amazed at their little personalities! They are going to be much more fun than I imagined! Definetly, not a "toy" for kids, no animal should be presented that way.

This is my first chickens, but I'm an avid animal lover. I was never really interested in birds b/c they seemed boring to me. At 3 weeks old I am amazed at their little personalities! They are going to be much more fun than I imagined! Definetly, not a "toy" for kids, no animal should be presented that way.

They are amazing! Believe me, I started this about a year ago. Just wanted fresh eggs. But what I got were friends for life. Each one has a definite personality. And I love them all. My paternal grandfather (from Germany...the old country) kept pigeons in the attic of the garage when I was a little girl and I hated them. They stank and were ornery. But he loved them. I'm guessing he had THEM instead of chickens because of Chicago city laws. Rest in peace Grandpa. I understand now.. Wisdom comes way too late.

Back
Top Bottom