SIX chicks.....and that's all...hmmm

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by kaybats, Mar 3, 2012.

1. kaybats

kaybats Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Six chicks. That was my limit. But let's do chicken math....

Yes. I got SIX. Six RIR. PLUS TWO Buff Orps. PLUS FIVE rainbow pullets (can't wait to see who they are!!!). PLUS four ducklings.

All told....17......crazy....you bet!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kaybats

Jun 4, 2011
    AND I'm going back tomorrow to get the girls who have been left behind.

3. kmac720

kmac720 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2012
    I did a little better, I went for six and ended up with ten! I'm waiting to see how many turn out to be roos so I can get more..

4. kaybats

Jun 4, 2011
    What sickens me is there was a Mom there getting a "PRESENT" for her son. She has no intention of caring for or even including this bird as a family member......makes me sick

5. kmac720

kmac720 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2012
    This is my first chickens, but I'm an avid animal lover. I was never really interested in birds b/c they seemed boring to me. At 3 weeks old I am amazed at their little personalities! They are going to be much more fun than I imagined! Definetly, not a "toy" for kids, no animal should be presented that way.

6. kaybats

Jun 4, 2011
    They are amazing! Believe me, I started this about a year ago. Just wanted fresh eggs. But what I got were friends for life. Each one has a definite personality. And I love them all. My paternal grandfather (from Germany...the old country) kept pigeons in the attic of the garage when I was a little girl and I hated them. They stank and were ornery. But he loved them. I'm guessing he had THEM instead of chickens because of Chicago city laws. Rest in peace Grandpa. I understand now.. Wisdom comes way too late.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by