Six new peeps, any ideas?. TSC "grab bag" of pullets!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jbeaulieu, Mar 29, 2012.

1. jbeaulieu

jbeaulieu New Egg

Mar 29, 2012
    Here's pics of our new peeps. any ideas as to what breed they are?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    five are identical and one is golden yellow

2. Sunflowergirl

Sunflowergirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2012
    Quitman, Texas
    I can't help you i.d. them, but wanted you to know that I have a TSC grab bag pullet just like your first one. I am asking on mine too. I hope someone can help you! I got one response and they were thinking the one like your first one was a white leghorn or a buff orpington, but maybe too light for a buff orpington.

p.s. You can go to my site and look at the pictures of my babies! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  3. builderone

builderone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    Just a guess but the first one a legg horn and the others cornish x. Just thought that I would guess and those breeds are a common order for tsc. [​IMG]

4. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    If your yellow chick grows 2x faster than red chicks - it's a cornish X but, the TSC here doesn't put those in pullet bins. So it looks like your yellow is a white leghorn or buff orpington but, hard to tell now. The 2 red chicks are maybe RIR's or Production Red. Time will tell. Congrats on the new chicks.

5. KathrynB

KathrynB Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2010
    Your red chicks look like the red chickies i got from tsc and i was told they were red stars.

6. i would say-

RIR (for red) or Red sex link or Red star

(for white) Cornish X if it grows fast, maybe a Buckeye if it doesnt? or a Deleware possibly

sorry i dont know many white chickens LOL

7. jbeaulieu

jbeaulieu New Egg

Mar 29, 2012
    Well the golden yellows feathers are comming in white and she's not growing faster than the others. Bout the same. The little red girls are growing their feathers in too, is color trimming on the feathers called "lacing"? Will try to get more pics up later. Thanks all for the suggestions and help.

8. Sunflowergirl

Feb 16, 2012
    Quitman, Texas
    My golden one is turning white too. Someone had posted a picture of their amber links that looks a whole lot like mine. I went back to look at the bin she came from and amber links was one of the possibilities in the list. (This was the list: Amberlink, White Leghorn, Commercial Black, Red Sex Link, Golden Comet, or Tetra Tint.)

9. MineAlways

MineAlways Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2012
    SW PA
    Could be a tetra tint?

10. Sunflowergirl

Feb 16, 2012
    Quitman, Texas
    So, I went and looked at those and they look very similar to the Amberlinks. Any idea how to tell a tetra tint from an Amberlink??? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by