Six pack 2 1/2 week olds down to the final 3 - LOTS of PICS

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by beausonge, Mar 2, 2011.

1. beausonge

beausonge Songster

Feb 11, 2011
    Kelso, WA
    Hi All,

The weather had finally cleared and I will be down to the final 3 to stay with me from now on. The other 3 are off to Auntie Carol's this evening.

Here is the six pack: 1 cuckoo maran hen? (Cookie); 1 Delaware hen (Deli); 1 RIR hen or rooster? (Red); 1 Mystery chick - thought to be a Partridge Cochin rooster (Mystery) last week by the majority who gave an opinion; 1 dark cornish rooster (Buddy) - by the majority who gave an opinion; and 1 chick that we really don't know what he or she is (Who). I am going to keep Cookie, Deli, and Buddy. They are calm and friendly birds and those 3 seem to nest and hang out together.

Picture of the six pack:
    [​IMG][/img]

Who, who can't find his or her head: [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/img]

Oh! I finally found it! [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/img]

Red the RIR - nasty little bird that likes to really nail you with her beak - most happy to say goodbye to this one! [​IMG]

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

Mystery the potential Partridge Cochin - He is finally developing some wing feathers! [​IMG]

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

with Buddy and Deli:
    [​IMG][/img]

with Deli
    [​IMG][/img]

Here is Cookie and Deli - they are always hanging out together and are very sweet girls. Cookie has slightly crooked toes though they improved 100% after I taped them a few days. Her feet are also improving as she likes to roost on the floor level roosting pole in the brooder. [​IMG]

[​IMG][/img]

Finally, this is Buddy - my favorite - he is just such a happy little chicken and he has the cutest expression. When I hold him and talk to him, he chirps at me as if he is having a conversation. I think he is a dark cornish. [​IMG]

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG][/img]

Hope you enjoy the pictures!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  2. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    AWWW soooo cute!!!! [​IMG]

3. Momagain1

Momagain1 Songster

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    very cute!! hard to believe that in about a wk..mine will be feathery like that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: