Six turkey eggs - Indiana

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Carole AM, May 9, 2007.

1. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    I have 6 mixed turkey eggs for $15, that includes shipping. I have a Royal Palm tom, and the hens are: royal palm, blue slate, and a narry/bourbon cross. Fertility has been super!

See a pic of my tom in the "ask Peeps" advice column!

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  2. robbobbin

robbobbin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2007
    Run out of room in your bators, did ya? [​IMG]
    You could always set them and take them to the swap. hehehe

3. Carole AM

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    You're right~ NO ROOM! I may have to set them, but I'd rather not. I thought these were sold. [​IMG]

4. JFL1950

JFL1950 Out Of The Brooder

May 31, 2007
    Jacksonville, Texas
    LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE SOME MORE I WOULD BE WILLING TO TAKE THEM NEED SOME BROTHERS FOR MY TWO BABIES.

5. Carole AM

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    Are you close to Indiana? My RP is setting on 13 eggs now, so I "should" have babies soon. After that, if they start laying, I'll let you know. [​IMG]

6. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Did you sell these yet? How hard are turkey eggs to hatch?

7. Carole AM

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    Yep, these were sold in May. Turkey eggs are easy, they just take a week longer. I've put them under banty hens and they have hatched turkeys.

8. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    hey carole...sorry to ask stupid qs but I have not kept turkeys before...my son and I have chickens and at no point ever anticipate even considering butchering them--> they are pets--> any eggs will be a bonus...do turkeys make good pets/flock birds just for fun if you have no intention of ever eating them? Do ppl eat the eggs? How hard are they to keep ? do the make LOADS of noise? Do you feed them chicken food? and most importantly will they get along with my chickens?

9. Ms E

Ms E Out Of The Brooder

Jan 11, 2007
    I'm not Carole but...

Turkeys make great pets. They are curious and social. My hen eats from my hand - the tom I used to have did also. If they are raised with other poultry, they are very good with the crowd. My hen is relatively quiet but 'replies' to me when I talk to her. The tom that Mother Goose's parents now have was somewhat talkative. But that gooble is a wonderful sound - less intrusive than a rooster crow.

Mine eat layer crumbles just like everyone else. The eggs are great. Quite a bit richer than chicken eggs and pretty popular with some folks.

Cool birds!

Ms e

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  10. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Dummy me, I didn't even look at the date it was posted. Maybe if you have some more sometime I could buy them from you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by