Six week old EE pullet pic - Color ?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Wisher1000, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

Here is my girl Bonnie. I realise that her hackles are a different color but what about her body? I think she may loose the barring along her back and shoulders as there is much less of it now than there used to be. I really don't know the difference between blue and lavender, maybe someone can post comparison photos to help me tell the difference. I thought she was blue, hence the name "Bonnie Blue" but I really don't know.

The color in the photo is really close to being true, she really is unusual (at least in my flock!) Can anyone help with color identification, please?

[​IMG]

2. crash0330

crash0330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    Quote:She is blue
    Her body might end up looking like my EE
    [​IMG]

3. Thommiekins

Thommiekins Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2010
    Humboldt Co. CA
    Shes GORGEOUS!

4. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    Wow, she is absolutely beautiful!

5. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

Thanks ya'll!

Crash, if she ends up looking like your EE, I will be thrilled! That is a beautiful hen. Is she blue, or does the lighting just make her look sort of salmon colored? For some reason she makes me think of a seashell. If she were mine, I would name her Shelly. LOL! What is her name and what color egg does she lay?

6. crash0330

crash0330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Mecca, CA
    My Coop
    Quote:Thanks She is blue with light buff or salmon colored feathers on her back.
    Her name is Jacky, and she lays a really deep green colored egg. she is also the biggest one of them all at 7 1/5 lb.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by