six week old pullet bloody vent

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by julie02, May 16, 2010.

1. julie02

julie02 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2010
    I have a six week Welsummer pullet. Poops are good, no blood. However, her vent is bloody. This group of chicks did have a run of bloody poops but they all have recovered. I just noticed her today acting a little less energetic and upon inspection found the bloody vent. Gave all the chicks sulmet for the bloody poops, however I was concerned because I did give it for a day longer than most people say is proper. She's a bit sleepy, puffing a bit. I cleaned her off and gave her some colloidal silver. I was hoping that it was just external from the other chicks pecking, but she's not as energetic as they are. Going to give some yogurt also. They are on medicated feed at the moment. Does anyone have any experience ? Thanks for any advice.

2. julie02

julie02 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2010
    Anyone?

3. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    If it is bleeding take her and put her in a dog crate in the house with food and water if you leave her with the others they will peck at the blood making it worse chickens love the color red and will peck at it until they kill another chicken so remove her keep her warm and offer food and see how it does that is what I would do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by