Six week old Puppy Pics! Warning Pic Heavy!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by bossynbella, Jul 26, 2011.

1. bossynbella

bossynbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    Well here they are six weeks old! I am amazed at how much their personalities have changed already!

Rosie- aka Red - still left to find a home. I think mainly because she is so quiet, and when people come to look at them she stays to the back, ignores them completely and plays with Brawny (loudly!) She is a rough player, and Brawny is the main pup who she plays with. She is very quiet and laid back if picked up, and startles quickly if told "NO", as in when she decides the puppy pad looks like a better toy then place to play. She is doing good with using the puppy pads to pee and poo on, and today when they had their living room time she even ran back through the kitchen into the entry way to use the pad.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sophie-aka Squealer- First chosen. Going to a family I work with, to be a little girls first puppy, second dog in the household, they already have a boxer mix. She is the friendliest puppy, has the most loving personality, and loves to lick, toes, faces, fingers! She also sees the camera and thinks "Yay a toy" so its hard to get a picture of her sitting still! She plays mainly with Gracie, she has the coolest looking face, almost like a mask with the dark black around her eyes, she has the darkest face and is keeping a darker head, while the rest seem to be getting much more brown on them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    first pup in last two pics, Sophie, Gracie and Miley (formerly Ophelia)
    [​IMG]
    Gracie and her in this picture

Gracie - aka Green - Chosen by a family last weekend from Cedar rapids, They have two girls ages 12 and 16, and a 8 year old yellow lab named Macie. They think they will keep her name Gracie but haven't decided yet. Gracie has turned into a social butterfly, she is such a lover, always the first to come over for some loving, and will climb right up in your lap. She usually only plays with Sophie, though she will try to get Miley (Ophelia) to play now and then. She has the least white on her back, but her face is quickly turning brown.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Brawny - aka Blue - Still left to be chosen, he is a rambunctious guy, very playful, but a bit chewy, which I think is the only reason Gracie was chosen over him. He is always moving and so getting a picture of him being still is a bit of a chore. I have lots of blurry pictures of Brawny, and very few good ones! He mainly plays with Rosie as he is a bit rough for the others.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Miley - aka Ophelia - aka Orange - Chosen by a family from Pella Illinois, they haven't been to see her yet as its about a four hour drive, but will be picking her up on August 7th. They have two young children, 3 and 6. There last dog was put to sleep two years ago at the age of 9 because of liver failure. It was a German shepherd dog. The husband (who I have mainly been in contact with) trains horses, and loved working with the German Shepherd when he was younger. We had a long discussion about the difference in the breeds. They plan to attend a puppy obedience class, and are everything I could ask for in a family. They email me almost every day with updates on things they have bought, or things they want to know if they should get for her. I send pictures every few days, and I can't wait to meet them in person. Miley is a loving calm and quiet puppy, her tail curls a bit over the top of her back (not a good thing for beagles) but as she is just to be a pet, me and them find it a cute trait. Adds charecter, and her tail is never still, always wagging, from the time she wakes up till the time she falls asleep, just the happiest little girl. She doesn't really like to play with the other pups preffering chewing on toys, she does like to bark. Her way to play is to do the little play bow, usually in front of Rosie for some reason and then proceed to bark. Its cute, and we let her for a bit, before telling her to "quiet down" she usually does, and if not we will give them some chews (pig ears are a favorite right now) and that distracts her from the barking.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    on the last picture she is trying to find the cat. He was hiding under there and would just stick his paws out pawing at the puppies as they ran by, Miley is the only one who figured out that something was actually under there, and to stick her head under there to find out what it was. Our neutered male cat, Andy (who grew up with Annie) tries to play with them but gets over whelmed and ends up hiding under the couch. Our other cat 14 year old Tigan, puts them in their place if they mess with her!

Enjoy the pictures!

2. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! [​IMG]

3. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    They are all so CUTE!!! Glad most of them have found great homes! Hope the rest of them find even greater homes![​IMG]

4. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Nothing I like better than puppy season.

5. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Aww! I swear! These pup's keep getting cuter and cuter every week! [​IMG]

6. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

Those Beagle puppies are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Cute! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by