Size difference Broody vs Brooder

Poultrybonkers

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Mar 22, 2011
My Coop
My Coop
Does anyone else notice broody raised chicks growing slower then brooder raised chicks? I have a broody that hatched 4 chicks Sept 7th and I hatched chicks the 17th and those outgrew the broodys chicks? Even the oldest broody raised chick was hatched in July 2nd and I hatched chicks Aug 27th and those are bigger then the broody raised one? They all get fed the same feed which is 22%

Does anyone else notice broody raised chicks growing slower then brooder raised chicks? I have a broody that hatched 4 chicks Sept 7th and I hatched chicks the 17th and those outgrew the broodys chicks? Even the oldest broody raised chick was hatched in July 2nd and I hatched chicks Aug 27th and those are bigger then the broody raised one? They all get fed the same feed which is 22%

Are the chicks all the same breed and hatched out of eggs from the same source?

Do the broody-raised chicks get out and about to have more exercise and less hanging around next to the feeder? Are they having to compete with adults for their feed?

Are the chicks all the same breed and hatched out of eggs from the same source?

Do the broody-raised chicks get out and about to have more exercise and less hanging around next to the feeder? Are they having to compete with adults for their feed?
Yes chicks are the same breed and they have feeders filled 24/7 they also live in a pen most days but will let out once in awhile

Back
Top Bottom