Size difference

Mrs.SWhite89

Chirping
Jan 25, 2018
Small one hatched yesterday, bigger one is 2 weeks old. Will the size difference be Ok? Big one lost its buddy lastnight and little one was the only survivor of a hatch. Was gonna go buy the new one a buddy but I guess no need to now..? Just got to get a bigger storage container brooder now or build one lol.
20180414_113114.jpg

Yes they will be just fine. It will take a day or two to adjust to each other’s size difference. I would move kinda slow around them if possible. So the big one doesn’t trample the little one.

Yes they will be just fine. It will take a day or two to adjust to each other’s size difference. I would move kinda slow around them if possible. So the big one doesn’t trample the little one.

They are under my chick brooder so not much movement over the box to freak them out. The small one is so happy to have someone to sleep with lol

Change your water container to something they can dunk their heads into. Ducks need to clean nares and eyes multiple times a day..I always keep small with big Ducklings..Congrats. They are very cute.View attachment 1338709View attachment 1338710
I have one, just haven't gotten out to set it all up yet. was checking birds this morning and letting my older ducks and juveniles out and noticed sonething got into the baby ducks pen, not sure how yet havent had time to look it over, just grabbed the survivor and brought it inside.

I have one, just haven't gotten out to set it all up yet. was checking birds this morning and letting my older ducks and juveniles out and noticed sonething got into the baby ducks pen, not sure how yet havent had time to look it over, just grabbed the survivor and brought it inside.
Understand now..Best of luck with them..

Mink can get through 1" wire so I'd put up hardware cloth that is the best protection half inch in size.

Sorry for your loss. Were the other ducklings gone or left?

Mink can get through 1" wire so I'd put up hardware cloth that is the best protection half inch in size.

Sorry for your loss. Were the other ducklings gone or left?

We don't have mink here, just raccoons, fox and opossums and stray cats by the dozens. There were 2 ducklings, only 1 gone, blood and feathers are on the chicken wire that is stapled to our perimeter fence and also blood on the wood itself. Our dog went after something around 11 lastnight over that way but didn't see what it was. I was out there an hour before the dog chased something.

Back
Top Bottom