We need your amazing chicken photos for our 2020 Calendar! Submit your pics HERE!

Size of Ameraucanas (true)?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Dixiedoodle, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Songster

Apr 14, 2007
    I have two true Ameraucanas, one blue/one black. They are beauiful girls. They are a few weeks younger than my BO, RIR or BR and are much smaller than the other breeds at this age.

I would like to know how your adult true Ameraucanas stand --compared to your other standard breeds..

Thank you..Dixie

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    The blues I have are much smaller than my other standards.

3. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Large fowl weight is:
    Roosters 6.5 lbs Hens 5.5 lbs
    Bantams weight is
    Roosters 30 oz. Hens 26 oz

Chris

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

The BBS Ameraucanas that I have are more of a lean, rangy body type. My rooster was very long legged and lean. I doubt a couple of mine meet those weights (though the rooster was young when I rehomed him) Yes, generally, I'd say they are a smaller than the average standard breed, from a hatchery anyway, though weights vary.

5. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Songster

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    my true cockerel is larger than my standards but he is all legs and he is older than the others and my blue and splash chicks are developing slower than their brothers and sisters but they dont get huge as adults tho not as big as like a jersey giant or something!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: