Size of chicken door? Is it a popdoor, poopdoor?

Hooterville

Songster
11 Years
Jun 20, 2008
Parkersburg, West Virginia
Is this called the pop door or poopdoor or popdoor--anyway, I tried searching and none of these worked!

Need to know approximate size to cut. Does it need to be any bigger for jersey giants?

Thanks a bunch!

corancher

Songster
12 Years
Apr 18, 2007
Colorado
I am not sure what it is called but by looking at some of mine I vote for poopdoor.

Ours are around 12" x 16" and they are plenty big enough for chickens, ducks, guineas, and turkeys. The geese have a bit of problem with them. Also our 90 lb dog can get in and out, however it is a very tight fit.

Hooterville

Songster
11 Years
Jun 20, 2008
Parkersburg, West Virginia
Oh my gosh! I never thought about that! I did get stuck in mine once, but I had a nice BIG window I could get out!

This is for DD and her biggest is the Jersey Giant--hopefully her doggie won't need to fit!

miss_jayne

Lady_Jayne
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
Columbiaville, MI
i have two pops and one poop door on the big coop!

someone, and NO ONE will fess up, got a humungo poop on my screen door and it dried and dripped down! my cute slamming door all poopy. ugh.

so, could be both, depending on your situation!

Chirpy

Balderdash
12 Years
May 24, 2007
Colorado

The door that the chickens go out is called the pop hole and the door you use to clean out the coop is called the clean-out or poop door.

My pop hole is roughly 12x14 and it's plenty big enough for my brahmas. Jersey Giants may need a bigger door.

Top Bottom