Size of chicken door? Is it a popdoor, poopdoor?

Hooterville

Songster
11 Years
Jun 20, 2008
Parkersburg, West Virginia
Is this called the pop door or poopdoor or popdoor--anyway, I tried searching and none of these worked!
barnie.gif

Need to know approximate size to cut. Does it need to be any bigger for jersey giants?

Thanks a bunch!

I am not sure what it is called but by looking at some of mine I vote for poopdoor.

Ours are around 12" x 16" and they are plenty big enough for chickens, ducks, guineas, and turkeys. The geese have a bit of problem with them. Also our 90 lb dog can get in and out, however it is a very tight fit.

Oh my gosh! I never thought about that! I did get stuck in mine once, but I had a nice BIG window I could get out!

This is for DD and her biggest is the Jersey Giant--hopefully her doggie won't need to fit!

i have two pops and one poop door on the big coop!

someone, and NO ONE will fess up, got a humungo poop on my screen door and it dried and dripped down! my cute slamming door all poopy. ugh.

so, could be both, depending on your situation!
big_smile.png

gig.gif

The door that the chickens go out is called the pop hole and the door you use to clean out the coop is called the clean-out or poop door.

My pop hole is roughly 12x14 and it's plenty big enough for my brahmas. Jersey Giants may need a bigger door.

Back
Top Bottom