Size of Embden Geese

Khota

Songster
Jun 4, 2017
Texas
Hello! I've been looking around and haven't been able to find the approximate size in inches of Embden geese. I was wondering if anyone who owns some here would know?
I plan on ordering a pair of Embdens from Metzer this spring (I love the white feathers, can't get white chinese sadly due to the noise level.) and I'm wondering what I should expect in terms of the size.
Also I plan on keeping them more as 'pets' than for production or anything else. Is this breed known to be friendly?

I have two (I did have three) Embden geese and I love them so much! They are pretty big I hear they're supposed to get up to 30 pounds but mine don't look like they are. They are very friendly but they don't like shoes. I do also keep them more as pets but they scare away predators for my chickens. Also they can fly but can't go far. Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 1.17.40 PM.png

My Embden gander is around 20lbs. Very vocal and quite the protector of his female Toulouse mate. My gander is not friendly during breeding season he perceives everyone as a threat to his mate. :rolleyes:

I have a young Embeden named babe, I don't know what sex it is, but babe is an excellent guard goose, and will alert us to anything unusual especially men. Babe is not quite a year yet, but is pretty big, I'd say about 15 to 20 lbs. Babe can't fly at all, but is a pretty decent runner, her(i'm guessing) flock consists of a Muscovy drake and 4 Muscovy ducks

Back
Top Bottom