Size of Sebrights?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by nekomi, Mar 17, 2009.

1. nekomi

nekomi Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2008
    Ohio
    OK, so now that my standard chicks are here, I'm absolutely LOVING them and really enjoying when they roost and perch on my fingers and wrist. [​IMG] So cute!!!

Well, it made me wish that I had gotten a few bantams - small enough that they can continue to perch on my hand even as adults. [​IMG] Sebrights have long been a favorite of mine, and I was wondering - what is their adult size like? If anyone has any photos of adult Sebrights being held, that would be wonderful!

Folks aren't kidding when they talk about the chicken addiction... these are my first ever birds, and I am absolutely enjoying the little guys. [​IMG]

2. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    What part of ohio do you live in? [​IMG] I have two golden sebright cockerels that need to be rehomed! I don't have any pictures of me holding them but their size is not to large; About the size of a large pigeon.

Here are some pictures of them that I took a couple days ago:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=147533

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  3. nekomi

nekomi Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2008
    Ohio
    Oh my, they are so cute! [​IMG] I was looking for Goldens too... hmm... but I don't know if I could put them in with my Standards, and I'm not sure yet if I am going to keep any roos. I think I'll take a few days to think it over. The coop and run isn't quite ready yet either, since I figured I still had another six weeks before my chickies are ready to go outside. [​IMG] Oh, and I'm in NE Ohio to answer your question, I'm near Akron. [​IMG]

BTW, I love your avatar. You are talking to a fellow anime fan here (and cat-ears fan, can you tell by my username? [​IMG] ).

4. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    Here's a pic of my roo sitting next to a wyandotte hen... not big at all.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by