1. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Songster

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    I am not really happy with the coop that we have for the "girls" which are the 3 Buff Orpingtons and the Silver Spangled Hamburg. I want a much larger cage/coop than they have although this one will have to work until we get our tax returns lol (think spring here folks) anyway Hubby and I want to start on it before the ground freezes and we were just wondering what the size should be for a good sized coop for them, the nesting part we have down pat its the run part that has us scratching our heads. Thanks so much, Shelli and the farm

2. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

Inside 4sqft a piece (for you total 12sqft.) and 10sqft. outside (30sqft. total for you) Does that answer your question?

3. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Crowing

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    Quote:No, because they have 4 chickens [​IMG]

4. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Songster

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    lol Not realy I was thinking more along the lines with someone telling me I need a run that is so many feet long and so many feet wide lol I am NOT good with sq ft

5. Cats Critters

No, because they have 4 chickens [​IMG]

Your right, I'm brain dead today , so correction 16sqft. total inside and 40sqft. outside.​

6. Cats Critters

lol Not realy I was thinking more along the lines with someone telling me I need a run that is so many feet long and so many feet wide lol I am NOT good with sq ft

A couple ways 20ft by 2 ft, 5ft by 8ft and lots of other ways but I would do 5ft by 8ft.​

7. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Songster

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    Thank you I like the 5*8 that would work really well for us! AND wont cost a fortune!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: