1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sizes of different kinds of bantams??

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by ChickieBooBoo, Dec 15, 2010.

1. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    I have Sebrights, they are TINY little things. The OEGB's the show I was at are tiny too, about the same size. But my BTW Japanese bantams were huge compared to them! Still smaller then standards but they were giants compared to Sebrights and OEBB's. So my question, are different types of bantams different sizes? What are some other breeds that are as small as Sebrights?

2. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    A couple others that are as small body wise but leg wise their taller - Modern games funny little bird! Also A class seramas are smaller.

3. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Yes, bantams vary in size. Like the above person said, the smallest varieties tend to be OEGBs, dutch bantams, seramas, moderns (though they're tall), and sebrights. At least in my experience, most other types of bantams are a little bit bigger than those breeds.

4. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    moderns look so cool, I want to try some. Do they get along well with other chickens?

5. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Not sure but they are very sweet. Atleast the ones at shows have been.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by