SIZZLE contest

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by Paige1, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Paige1

Paige1 New Egg

May 31, 2008
    who is willing to judge PM me

anyone can donate prizes PM me
    Rules:
    *It must be a sizzle
    *it feathers do not have to be frizzled
    *winner may or may not recieve a prize
    *HAVE FUN

POST YOUR SIZZLE PICS!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

I will judge!!!
    I think judging is cool.

3. chickenman7

chickenman7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2007
    TX
    hey wolfbird did you see the winners of my sizzle show?I Will tell her you want to judge, shes my cousin.

4. goldensunriseranch

goldensunriseranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    Photo of my son Johnny & his non-frizzle partridge/red sizzle aptly named "Chicken". Chicken enjoys (we think) car rides, bucket rides and tractor rides in the trailer while I'm cutting grass (with Johnny of course). He/She? is a very tolerent bird, and rides on Johnny's shoulder. Chicken is from a mating of a partridge silkie hen to a red frizzle bantam cochin rooster and was purchased from a friend. We think this is a pullet but I'm not 100% certain yet. Thanks!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  5. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Quote:A bird cannot be a sizzle without frizzled feathering

6. goldensunriseranch

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    From what I've read you need smooth to frizzle breedings to produce quality frizzled feathering, so IMO you need some non-frizzles to some extent. To keep breeding frizzle to frizzle would produce bad feathering, brittle twisted feathers. So to me frizzle x silkie = sizzle, both in frizzle & non-frizzle to take back to each other. At least that's my own understanding of the new combo. Anyone else have any take on that?
    Thanks

7. LilPeeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Quote:It's true that you cannot breed frizzle x frizzle, for fear of ending up with a curly, but if you look at it that way, any bird alive would be eligible to win a frizzle contest. A frizzle is a bird with the backwards feathers, the contest isn't for birds that breed with frizzles to make more frizzles. A sizzle is a frizzled silkie, and you cannot say that simply because you could cross a silkie with a sizzle, that it could be considered a sizzle, because a regular silkie is not a sizzle. [​IMG]

8. goldensunriseranch

Jul 1, 2007
    Mays Landing NJ
    OK, I thought they were trying to make it a breed of it's own. And always needing to hybridize it with a silkie to keep it non-frizzle to frizzle and make more sizzles would always keep it a hybrid wouldn't it? Of course if that's the point for it to just remain a hybrid I guess it doesn't really matter though. I think I'll stick with frizzles OR silkies and not the combo and leave the non-sizzle non-frizzle thingee my son has all to him. LOL [​IMG]

9. LilPeeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Yeah, it's like a frizzled cochin. It's technically a cochin, that carries the frizzle gene.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  10. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    What is a sizzle? I see you guys talking about them but what are they?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by