Sizzle Eggs are hatching! PICTURES OF NEW BABIES ADDED!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by minihorse927, Dec 7, 2010.

1. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper Premium Member

Nov 3, 2010
    I have 5 sizzle eggs in the hatcher, 4 have piped and 2 of those have chicks coming through the membrane right now. One appears clean as it should be. The other one, the first one to pip and push through the membrane, while very active/noisy and in a hurry to get out, has blood around the membrane where it pipped. All I can see is a beak every once in a while, but now am worried as I have hatched several batches and never had this happen before. The blood looks dried and it looks like it is only in that one spot. These chicks went their full 21 days, maybe a few hours early but that is it. Anyone had this happen before, I am kinda worried to see the chick now when it pops out. If anyone wants I can try to take a pic but I am having problems getting a decent shot where you can see what is happening.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  2. minihorse927

Nov 3, 2010
    The first chick! I have no clue what color, darker feathers toward the body with gold colored tips. Guess I will find out when it dries.
    [​IMG]
    The second chick! Looks Black!
    [​IMG]
    Hopefully I wake up to three more, or at least two more and another pip!

3. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    Quote:I see the second one made it out ok. I've had this happen and as long as they are zipping themselves out don't worry unless you see blood dripping out. If that where the case you would want to help it out quickly and get that bleeding stopped. If it pips and stops doing anything else and you see blood you want to get it out and again stop the bleeding. When it's happened ot me once they're out and the cord either detaches or I cut it, the bleeding stops but if not I put a little pressure with a piece of paper towel on the cord area till it stops.

I've had to help out several and there is always bleeding. I've lost very few compared to all that have lived. I just had one yeserday and it is just fine. It actually was very active soon after it was out of the egg compared to others that took longer to recover. It's the noisiest chick out of the 5 that hatched yesterday.

4. minihorse927

Nov 3, 2010
    Well, this morning we have 4 chicks out and one still not pipped. Hopefully it goes today while I am at work. At least that will get it off my mind.
    That first one out that seemed to have the blood around the membrane is the most active of the bunch and it appears to be ok. It jumps up and starts to peck at the window everytime it sees me, so I believe it is fine.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by