1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

sizzle? or silkie

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chasehope, May 8, 2007.

1. chasehope

chasehope Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Eastern Washington
    I got this chick from a breeder friend of mine who has silkies and sizzles. She swears that her partridge silkies CAN'T be frizzles, but this ones feathers dont look ANYTHING like the rest. What do you all think? Sizzle or silkie? Sorry the pistures arent better.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  2. chasehope

Mar 2, 2007
    Eastern Washington
    Anyone have any ideas?

3. M.J

M.J Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Maryland
    I'd say you have a frizzle by the way it looks in the pic as the feathers are curling but not sure i'd before it developes more before making the call but very cute:)

4. chasehope

Mar 2, 2007
    Eastern Washington
    the older it gets, the more the feathers curl. I have lots of other silkie chicks to compare it to and its NOTHING like them. it was SUPER fuzzy as a tiny baby, and still is fuzzier than everybody else. I REALLY hope that its a sizzle, I have wanted one since the first time I saw a picture of them.

5. Rebel Chicken

Rebel Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2007
    southern Indiana
    I say a sizzle! Nothin wrong with havin an oddball in the flock!haha!

6. chasehope

Mar 2, 2007
    Eastern Washington
    yes, we kind of like our oddballs. we have silkies, polish, brahmas, and cochins, and when people come out to the house for the first time they always ask what the heck are those and what are they good for. I tell them they are good for entertainment. The brahmas are our egglayers, and the polish are comic relief. The silkies are the incubators and the cochins...well...they are just adorable. So Ican't wait to have another conversation piece.

7. feather leg farms

feather leg farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
    Deffinate Sizzle. Lucky!

8. morninggloryhatchery

morninggloryhatchery Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2009
    Wasilla
    I also say Sizzle

9. Bpmarmstrong

Bpmarmstrong Egg-dicted