Sizzle pair I just bought!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by SizzleQueen, Jan 1, 2015.

1. SizzleQueen

SizzleQueen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2015
    Charlottesville VA
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hi everyone, I just recently purchased a pair of Sizzles.. 1 Rooster and 1 hen. I honestly had no idea what they were until the lady I bought them from showed me and I instantly fell inlove! They are so sweet, and very smart chickens! The rooster is so sweet to his hen and she is very attentive towards him... They lay beside one another every night when it's time to go up and won't leave each others side.

Absolutely inlove, and plan on letting her sit her eggs in the spring so I have many more. Curious though.. I bought my pair or 45, how much are they worth or is that pricing correct?

Thanks guys, :) !!

Brooke

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  2. cityfarmer12

cityfarmer12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2014
    Missouri
    They are beautful!! The pricing seems reasonable to me...i have gotten many pairs of normal ones for 40...fizzle's are less common than them :)

3. SizzleQueen

Jan 1, 2015
    Charlottesville VA
    Picturesss!! :)

4. cityfarmer12

cityfarmer12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2014
    Missouri
    haha :)

5. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful pair,but you should not breed from that pair.He has frizzle feathers and she has frizzle feathers. Offspring from 2 frizzle feather parents are brittle feathered,sometimes sickly.There is a lot more on here that can give you much more info. than I can.If you don't want to separate them,don't, just don't hatch there eggs.

6. SizzleQueen

Jan 1, 2015
    Charlottesville VA
    Oh, I have never read anywhere that you can't breed two sizzles.. but that is good to know!! Thank you!

So what if I put my silks with my Sizzle Roo, and my Sizzle with my silky Roo.. will I just get sizzles or..? Help! LOL.

I just want to make sure I do this correctly, and cause absolutely no health issues for my loved ones.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by