1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sizzled and frazzled and smooth oh my...

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by walkswithdog, Jan 18, 2010.

1. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are few of the babies growing out, but not all of them lol, they wouldn't hold still. The chicks are seramasizzles, there are three, two black smooth and the little reddish Sizzled. The last is the little blue pullet silkie growing out. Someone pulled out half her topknot. Sigh...

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  2. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    [​IMG] Love them all, so adorible. [​IMG]

3. walkswithdog

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Thanks I have more but they didn't want to co-operate with the photo shoot. There's a near perfect blue or black in that crowd but he hid, and I have a blue in the house who got hurt by something and lost a ton of skin and part of his crest, on the back of his head, all the way to skull but he's healing and he has a little splash pullet I think, in with him for company. I also have one spectacular smooth who ran off the minute I pulled out the camera, rotten bird. So more pics coming...

4. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    LOL
    That first photo reminds me of my Sizzle sitting on eggs right now. I have to feel around on her in the nest to figure out where her head is before I pick her up! She is just a big black ball of curly feathers! I'll have to get photos of her one day, she is too funny! I call her Elvis and she knows her name, too.

5. walkswithdog

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    I like the total poofballs a LOT. And in this lot I got a few. The frazzles are less poufy but still really funny as their little crests are beginning to resemble corkscrewed feathered fireworks. The little smooth who fried his crest off is in deep doo doo with me for it. But heck it got pretty dang cold... I'd have huddled up to it as well in those temps.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by