1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sizzles, Silkies and Faverolle Assmt. in AL ( Sold)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by jimnjay, Mar 22, 2007.

1. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    I have a batch of eggs coming up for shipment on Monday. My Splash Sizzle is back in lay and I am checking fertility so I may have Splash and Buff Sizzles along with Black Silkies and bantam Salmon Faverolles. These eggs will be all that are laid between today and Sunday. There should be at least 1 doz. $ 10.00 plus actual shipping. This is an example of the Buff Sizzles you can expect. I can provide additional pictures by email. If you are new to frizzled birds, the breeding requires breeding frizzle to smooth so there will be 50% chance of gettins a smooth feathered bird. These smooth birds, however, are very important in your breeding program.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2007
  2. mothergoose

mothergoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    Dang, my bator is full. I better not buy anymore for awhile. I got over 100 eggs waiting to go in the incubator and I am trying to figure out how to fit them all in there when I only have room for maybe 60??? Just another day in the life of a hatchaholic!!!
    Christie [​IMG]

3. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I am trying to decide if I would rather have these than the EE's. Are there differences in these breeds that are noticable. Are some more friendly in general?

Marie

4. jimnjay

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Christie Dear, I am thinking that room in the incubator would be the very least of my problems. 100 chicks with more to come would send me over the edge. It seems like all I do is build new housing units as it is. LOL. Don't worry there are always more where these came from. Thanks for thinking of me again.

5. jimnjay

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Marie, I am not sure how to answer the question. My Faverolles are very calm and friendly chickens but they are not snuggle bunnies. They don't like to be held but love neck scratchs. The Silkies are snuggle bunnies, and so are my Sizzles, which are Silkie Crosses with Cochin orginally. Mine are several generations removed from that cross and I use Sizzle hens mated with a Silkie Roo. I don't have any EE's so I can't coment on that breed.

6. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Sorry, I got you confused with someone I guess, that has some EE eggs on here. Sorry. If I get the eggs, is there a way to tell the difference before they are hatched? Just curious. Do they lay a different color or size egg so I would know what is hatching? I sent you an email, but I will ask here too, if you can tell me what the shipping would be to MS zip 38901. Thanks so much.

Marie

7. jimnjay

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    My chickens are seperated by breed and I mark the eggs with a pencil to identify the breed. With the Splash Sizzle she is with my Black Silkies, so I can't always identify which is which in that pen. If I catch one sitting on the nest I usually hang around for a while to take the egg and mark it accordingly

8. wolfpack62001

wolfpack62001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    New Brockton, Alabama
    I have an empty Bator, I would love some of them, there beautiful

9. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Do you think you will have enough for two of us? If not, I can wait. I was going to ask you how to pay you today but since someone else spoke up first, I can wait. Just let me know.

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by