Sizzles!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sillyovrsilkies, Jul 21, 2011.

1. sillyovrsilkies

sillyovrsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Bluegrass State
    I'm looking for breeder quality Sizzle chickens around the Louisville, KY area...

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Since sizzles are not exactly a 'breed' you probably won't find anyone claiming breeder quality unless they are trying to scam someone.

That being said, emvickrey lives in W. TN and raises sizzles, it would probably be a 2-2 1/2 hour drive for you, but I'm sure she has some.

3. sillyovrsilkies

Sep 1, 2010
    Bluegrass State
    Quote:Ooops...I guess I should clarify that I wasn't looking for hatchery stock.

Thanks for the referral, I appreciate it!

4. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    Quote:I have some sizzles but only selling hatching eggs, no chicks unless local and then I have a hard time parting with them. I have a splash hen and I have her last pairing with a calico silkie roo produced whites, blues, black. pm me if interested.
    this is flower
    [​IMG]
    one of her chicks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    dad- calico silkie roo
    [​IMG]

5. sillyovrsilkies

Sep 1, 2010
    Bluegrass State
    Awww...they're adorable! [​IMG]
    Sizzle chicks are very hard to find here in KY-in fact, I've not come across any yet! I did find another lady on here that has hatching eggs and one on ebay which I went ahead & purchased.

Have a blessed weekend!
    -Teresa

6. Meara

Meara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Midwest
    I have a gorgeous black sizzle cockerel for sale. He's has good type, walnut comb, black skin, blue ear lobes, five toes on each foot well spaced, amazing foot feathering, and sweet personality. But I'm not sure how I'd get him to you.... I think he'd be perfect for a breeding program.

7. sillyovrsilkies

Sep 1, 2010
    Bluegrass State
    I know, I've seen his pictures! Very cute! I ended up finding some sizzle hatching eggs on ebay and they're in the incubator @ a friend's house...hoping for a good hatch by the end of Aug.! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by