**Sizzling HOT!**

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by WestKnollAmy, Oct 21, 2011.

1. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Get them while they are HOT!
    The Sizzles are still sizzling. While they are laying well and fertility is high after the summer scorcher, grab up some of these beauties to keep you warm through the winter!
    I offer 12+ eggs, shipped Priority and bubble wrapped very well.

The bantam Sizzles are gorgeous colors and very soft to the touch. Their temperament is great for backyard chicken owners and large poultry operations. The roos are gentle enough for children and the hens lay a pretty cream colored egg.

Tawny is a handsome Sizzle roo over smooth Sizzle hens. Buff Boy is a gorgeous older Silkie roo over Sizzle hens. Both offer lots of color and flash for your enjoyment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Two of their kids hatched last week.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A smooth Sizzle roo in the forefront and a Sizzle roo in the background, both sold earlier this year.....

[​IMG]

Please PM me with any questions and check out my website for more photos.
    I will accept Pay Pal at the close of this auction and ship out the next morning with any extras they lay.

Thank you for looking and happy bidding!

2. aarronh

aarronh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Meadville, PA
    Not a huge fan of the "izzles" but I'm really [​IMG] over these! Too bad I vowed to keep the sportsman shut off til November [​IMG]

3. WestKnollAmy

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Here's a bit more incentive.......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tawny's kids are going to be totally gorgeous and Buff Boy is already proven.

4. Nimby Chickens

Nimby Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2010
    Central FL
    Amy is a wonderful seller and her birds are gorgeous! I have a couple of her sizzles and bantam cochins and they are just adorable!!! I got a great hatch rate. They are really healthy!

5. WestKnollAmy

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Awww, thanks! I am glad you have such nice bunch of birds from me.
    It is always a gamble with shipped eggs but I try to wrap very well and take care that the box is handled well. Some have a better out come than others but it makes me happy to make others happy with our beloved chickens.

6. hannakat

hannakat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    oh my goodness.......... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

wish oh wish DH was an enabler and a builder of many coops.....

7. Cowgirlgrace

Cowgirlgrace Chillin' With My Peeps

I might be having a brain fart here but I get the Frizzle and the Silkie part thus 'Sizzle' but what are the smooth hens in the photos? They look like Cochins with head hair (or feathers? not sure what thats called. Crest?). Wouldn't they either be a Silkie, a Frizzle or a Sizzle? Super Cute though. Wish I had room.

8. WestKnollAmy

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    The frizzle gene was introduced into Silkie breeding and thus you get Sizzles. You should not ever breed Sizzle to Sizzle or you could get a high in shell mortality rate or chicks that may never feather out well. When you breed a Sizzled bird to a smooth bird you get 50% smooth birds so I use my smooth Sizzles back in my breeding pens. They are Sizzles but are smooth. Therefore, you keep breeding Sizzles or what some people call smooth Silkies (a term I think is incorrect).

There are a few great threads on BYC you can read by doing a search for them. It is interesting reading. There are also a few web sites that explain a bit about it.

Hope I helped explain it a bit. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by