1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. Gridguru

Gridguru Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2016
    Dallas, TX area.
    OMG, how had i never heard of this before now!

I'm sure a lot of you already know of this app of course, but for those like me who really get into the design process, you have to check out this design/modeling application called SketchUp. 3-D modeling with full zoom and pan capabilities. There is a professional version that costs $700, but the free version has everything a hobbyist could ever want. It's easy to use after a little practice as well.

If you dig this side of the process, or are just looking to design a new coop, check it out.

www.sketchup.com/

I did this in about an hour after downloading the app yesterday. The actual model has siding, screening, and a roof as well, but i hid those elements for this pic.

[​IMG]

(I do not work for SketchUp or am affiliated with them in any way. It's just really cool!)

2. micah wotring

micah wotring Chillin' With My Peeps

Yea, I've used it too.

You can build just about anything you want on it.

Really cool

MW

3. TerryH

TerryH Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2016
    NW Arkansas
    My Coop
    If I were only smart enough to use it..... Graph paper and pencil is about as much as I can master.

4. micah wotring

micah wotring Chillin' With My Peeps

Haha that's OK

I have piles of filled up graph paper from when I was a kid.

I was going to have a horse farm and become a millionaire.

I since learned that it happens the other way around.[​IMG]

MW

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by