Skin flap on TSC chick

Smileybans

Crowing
Nov 13, 2020
Upstate New York
This is Chip. She’s a leghorn I got from TSC they had in the back. She has this skin flap near her right leg. It doesn’t bother her when I touch it and it has feathers on the underside. I’m wondering if there’s anything I need to do for her.

She is eating, pooping, and drinking. She’s a lone chick for now so she’s very vocal. I have her in a room with six two week old chicks, separated of course, and I have silkies about to hatch. So she won’t be alone for long. Should I just monitor her as she grows and watch her around other chicks, the silkies not the 2 week olds, for pecking? Or does she need something more?
FE415262-BFFF-4F35-B179-7E69ECFB31A4.jpeg
1D571B04-1EE2-4C44-A8A2-4E4A8DF5F1CD.jpeg
6894EBDD-ED27-4044-9BCA-9C76527CED9C.jpeg

Does it seem like an extra leg or foot? Is she eating, drinking, and pooping normally? If so, I would just let her live and see what happens. Can you get another chick or two for her to be with?

Not an extra leg or foot. It actually looks like she was cut and the flap of skin was just left hanging. Her crop fills and empties normally. I have silkies hatching that I want to put in with her. As she grows do you think it will be a problem spot for her? Or is there no way of knowing?

Back
Top Bottom