1. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    are GONE!

I had. LOL HAD them under my eyes and on my eyelids. Well basically they had my eyes surrounded. [​IMG] I could see the larger ones in my peripheral vision and they were always irritated. So I made an appt with the dermatologist a few months ago. Went this morning.

She took em all off! I have had these things for years. But they really sprang up during my pregnancy and after I had my daughter they kept growing. I guess they are hereditary, my dad had them around his eyes. With luck it will skip my daughter.

She numbed the larger ones and snipped em off and then froze the smaller ones. I guess I am going to have some bruising. which stinks, but the farmland doesnt open for a few weeks so I should be ok by then. But orientation tomorrow will be fun.

But most importantly.. they are GONE! And if/when they return I can go get em taken off again. Yippee.

2. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    i get them too. they are a pain. Did it hurt a lot to get them off around your eyes? I have a couple but the ones I had off were on my arms

3. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    I am happy for you, for having them removed.

4. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    My DH had them on his neck. They were gettin gon his nerves, so he tryed to clip them with fingernail clippers. It diddnt work, so he made me cut them off with a knife.

EEEWWWW!!! [​IMG] Now, I can butcher any animal there is, but I am not good at cutting on living breathing PEOPLE.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Ken has a big one on his eyelid - did it hurt at all?

6. Rhett&SarahsMom

May 8, 2008
    it stung a little. But really it wasnt that bad.

Then again I dont mind needles(except the BIG one dentist use for Novocaine) And I had a c sect which didnt faze me a bit. So this was easy peezy
    Also, so far the bruising isnt bad. But who knows what it will be like come tomorrow morning

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  7. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    I get skin tags on my neck but I just cut em off with nail clippers. I noticed I got them really bad when I got pregnant. The Dr said it was some hormone thing. I also got 2 in other places [​IMG] but they shrunk up and disappeared......thank goodness!!!!!!!

8. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    I had some around my eyelids too but I trimmed them off by myself. I went to a Derm once and he wouldn't do it. It did not hurt much at all but mine were not large. Very sharp scizzors was key.

9. Rhett&SarahsMom

May 8, 2008
    the dermatologist I saw today said that people with diabetes tend to get them more frequently as well. Hence the reason mine grew more while I was pregnant. I had gestational diabetes.

I really cant wait for my dh to come home this evening. Its gonna take a bit getting used to

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by