Skinny Chicken

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chickrescue, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Chickrescue

Chickrescue Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2011
    Hello,
    Newbie again.
    Got 3 ex batterys 5 weeks ago. Lost the weakest yesterday.[​IMG] Now- being conscious of everything, have noticed that with the two girls left - one is big strong and healthy with a plumb breast and a red face. The other although very active, eats a lot, chases me round for food, drinks well, is so skinny. I can feel her breastbone. She also still has a pale face. I know it takes a lot out of them to grow their feathers back, but can I help her in any other way. Worried that she will get weaker and I'll loose her aswell. I can't believe how atteched to my girls I have got in such a short space of time. I love this site by the way. I have searched a lot in the past 5 weeks but decided to join this one cos I thinks it the best! Also I can waste LOADS of time on here cos there just so much to read!!! [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

3. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!

Try maybr giving her some extra protein. Scrambled eggs, cat food, some left over meat, etc. and see if that helps some!! Good luck with your girls!! [​IMG]

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. I agree with giving her some higher protein foods. [​IMG]

5. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia,CA and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Chickrescue

Chickrescue Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2011
    Thank you. will try and get some extra protein down her. x

7. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008