skinny chicken

swamperkk

Songster
5 Years
May 8, 2014
what diseases causes a heathly chicken to start loseing weight become skinny? one of my chicken,a red jungle fowl hen started looking sick,still running around but at the point not active,dont know if it has worms never seen the poop yet,i gave it medcidation to help but i am fighting a loosing battle,i have other chickens they are heathly dont know what to do,,,help!!!

I would, while you are waiting for more replies, start researching the Forum threads on worms and medications as some medications will not take care of some worms and you may want to make sure she has no external parasitic infestation...there are many reasons that could be causing your bird to fail to thrive...
Be prepared to answer more questions as most veterans/knowledgeable people will look for more details to try to help you....
They'll want to know what medication you are using and how you are dosing. Things like that.
The Learning Center has a plethora of information that might help you...
Wish you and your chicken(s) a speedy recovery from what ails her...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/...often-underestimated-part-of-raising-chickens

Worms are not always seen in chickens. Roundworms are largest, and sometimes are seen, but there are at lest 4 other types of worms that can affect chickens. In reading online, many articles will list ivermectin as a possible choice, but worms have become resistant to ivermectin in recent years. Valbazen and SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer are 2 very good ones to use with chickens. Dosage of either is 1/2 ml given orally for an average size chicken, then repeat in 10 days for the eggs. Egg withdrawal is a total of 24 days. Wazine (piprazine) is used by some, but it will only get the roundworms.

Back
Top Bottom