skinny silver laced wyandotte UPDATE She's gone

thanks ladies! I love BYCer's!!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

A.J. is eating pretty well, I keep trying different taste treats. I just gave her some plain yogurt with applesauce I made. This morning she had oatmeal and yogurt, she's got pellets, scratch. what else would be good? I gave her some ground up cantaloupe and that was a big hit although I realize fruit isn't going to put weight on. Ooh, I'll go make some cornbread! She looooooves cornbread, (well, they all do)
celebrate.gif
yippiechickie.gif
it just does my little chickie momma heart good to see her pitch into stuff I give her!
love.gif

Good for you, I know she has to feel better getting all those worms out. You might also give her some canned meat like salmon it's mostly protein but would help build her blood back up. I also give them canned tuna too.. about once a week but you could do it more often till you notice her starting to put on weight.. just rinse off the salt..

they love me anyway!
love.gif
cuz I'm the lady with the food!
gig.gif
anyway, right now A.J. is enjoying some fresh corn bread. She must have thought she died and went to chicken heaven. I bring down a dish of food about every two hours!
lau.gif

I am very glad it was worms rather than internal laying! I always say rule out worms first, but the symptoms are similar if they have a large worm load. What is not similar is the outcome-internal laying is incurable and always fatal without surgical intervention. Glad she's doing well and getting her appetite back. I agree with the canned salmon. It's probably a good idea to rinse it off to lower the salt content, but I use it often when in breeding season or during the molt.

My girl A.J. is doing really good now, eating up a storm, she hasn't gained any weight yet but I'm sure she will with everything I'm giving her!
gig.gif
anyway, I gave the rest of the flock the Wazine yesterday and took it out today. I know I have to worm with something else in 7-10 days. What would be the best? I've read a bit about several different things. what about Zimectrin Gold? Would that be appropriate?

and can I feed the eggs back to the chickens? Or can I give them to the dogs? It's killing me to get those eggs and know we can't eat them! And I had my first blue one today that I've had in about 3 weeks! darn!
th.gif

Last edited:
I used Zimectrin Gold the last time I wormed my chickens but I believe I'll use Valbazen because it kills them all[worms] you wouldn't have wanted to use it when first treating yours because of the heavy worm load. So happy to her A.J. is doing so well, keep us updated on her and your others
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom