Skittles at 6 1/2 weeks....

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by akpeeps, Jan 23, 2010.

1. akpeeps

akpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Wow! Skittles is growing like a weed. [​IMG] Betcha can't tell mama is a Blue Swedish. [​IMG] I'm fairly sure Skittles is a she. Lots of definite quacks when I talk to her. [​IMG] She's been with my one of my Silkie chicks, Scrambles, that's just a couple of weeks older. I'm not sure if the chicken thinks it's a duck or the other way around, but they're inseperable.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my favorite pic of the two of them [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Very cute, she's quite a pretty little duck!

3. tia

tia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    She is very pretty. I like your little silkie chick too.

4. Shadowhills Farm

Shadowhills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Crystal River, Fl
    Aww cute!

Our ducklings are growing like a weed too!!!

5. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    No.....Way....

That is so freaky. My very first Duck EVER that actually got me hooked onto ducks was a rescued Blue swedish drake.. That I named Skittles.. [​IMG]

She is SOOO CUTE! But wow, that is so weird. WHen I saw the thread I was like "Aww, Someone else named their duck SKittles" then I opened it and saw it was a blue swede( Mix?) [​IMG]

My Skittles was such a mamas boy , I miss him [​IMG] R.I.P.

Edited to say that I actually had a magpie x runner that looked the same - blue with a white bib and mixed in darker feathers. What was the dad? In your post it sounded like it was a cross.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  6. akpeeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    Quote:Oh my gosh! That's funny. I knew the name was going to be Skittles before it ever hatched. Yep she's a mix though, [​IMG] Papa is a Khaki Campbell/Rouen cross.
    Her nickname is mutt duck. Didn't have any idea what I was going to get out of this cross. [​IMG] I was so excited to see what baby would look like. I didn't expect her to look like a full Swede though.

Skittles at one day...
    [​IMG]

Here's papa at about 2-3 months of age....His name is Puddles

[​IMG]

When he went through his final molt, he ended up with a gorgeous dark emerald green head and I though Mallard cross but the lady I got him from didn't have mallards.

7. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Wow! Lol, Skittles almost looks like he / she should have turned out chocolate colored.

8. akpeeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    LOL, I was expecting something a little more "exotic" I think.

9. L0rraine

L0rraine Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Whidbey Island
    What an adorable pair those two are. I actually open the gate between the pen I keep my drakes in and the adjoining Silkie (chicken) run on some days to give them a bit more room to explore. They all seem to do fine together, though the ducks are a bit pushy when I first feed in the morning.

I think your duck is really getting quite pretty.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by