SL Wyandottes?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by davemonkey, Aug 12, 2013.

1. davemonkey

davemonkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2012
    Liberty, TX
    Just want to confirm these are wyandottes. They don't have the uniformity of pattern that many pictures show...which doesn't really matter to me...I just want to know what I've got.

[​IMG]

They were purchased specifically so I could have a couple broody-prone hens later on.

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Yes, those are Silver-Laced Wyandottes. The reason why they are not perfectly laced is probably that they are hatchery stock, not show-quality birds. Hatcheries breed for quantity, not quality, in general. Your birds will likely develop more lacing as they get older, but will not be perfectly laced like show-quality Silver-Laced Wyandottes.

1 person likes this.
  3. davemonkey

davemonkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2012
    Liberty, TX
    Hi. I just wanted to update and show what one of the girls grew up to look like. (One of them, the darker one on the right in the picture above, took a trip on the wrong side of the fence and my dog killed and ate her. [​IMG] )

Here is the girl on the left at 26 weeks old. (They were 12weeks in the initial photo.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by