Slate Blue Turkeys

hendricks115

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 20, 2014
Schuylkill County, PA
***UPDATE*** WE HAVE 3 TOMS LEFT FROM LAST SPRING/SUMMERS HATCH READY FOR IMMEDIATE PICK-UP!

This is pick up only! I do not ship. Willing to meet at reasonable distance. We are located in Ringtown, Pennsylvania. $30.00

Slate Blue Turkeys born in late April thru late May 2014. We had an amazing hatch after being told and reading that breeding would be a challenge. We seem to have lots of jakes! Several of them are larger than their father and have started their beards already. We have lots of strutting and tail displaying going on!

These are a heritage breed which has a threatened status. We've read and been told the meat is very tasty but I can't confirm that until Thanksgiving!

These turkeys are all very tame. They follow us everywhere and eat out of our hands. Our grown tom and his two girls are beautiful (will not part with them). They are curious and friendly. We regularly have to chase 20 turkeys off the porch when we are outside. This group is really good with our 5 year old and our dog.

Some of the earliest to hatch would be perfect for Thanksgiving as they are quite large!

Last edited:
I'd love some hatching eggs or poults, or maybe even a pair in the spring. I'm about 1 hour 17 minutes from you (Picture Rocks PA) and Bloomsburg looks like about half-way. Please keep me in mind!
Tanya

I'd love some hatching eggs or poults, or maybe even a pair in the spring. I'm about 1 hour 17 minutes from you (Picture Rocks PA) and Bloomsburg looks like about half-way. Please keep me in mind!
Tanya

I have no problem meeting you in Bloomsburg some weekend, just got to get a big enough crate/box for a pair.

Back
Top Bottom