sleep walking chook???

tegg

In the Brooder
12 Years
Nov 11, 2007
hello, i have witnessed what i belive is a chook sleep walking!!!
i first noteced this 5 days ago.
all the chooks would go to bed. and then half an hour later out stumbels my fave chook!
she does not look around she just walks slowly to the water despenser, drinks alot of water. then dumps a no shell egg.
then she drinks more water lays...a yolk no membrain no shell.
then she stands their for 2 to 3 minuets then turns and walks slowly back to the coup.
how on earth did she find her way back!
ive watcher her secretly for five days now. she still lays a no shelled egg and drinks lots of water.
im thinking of maybe going in and waking her up.....but i dont think it would be a good idea.
what should i do?
lol.png

I don t k now if mine are sleep walking but i have had eggs like that in the run, ,but I let them out of the run so early in the morning they dont usually lay til about 9 or 10 am,but when i open the pen at 5 I have noticed an egg like you describe, but I still get regular egg at laying time!

thats good,you should go outside at night and wait to see which chook it is. you might be surprised!
its just when i see her she looks like she is in a trance. a zombi chicken!
im trying the sugestion of giveing a treat of cheese and greek yogert. hopping it helps.

hahahaha! yeh ive got too much time on my hands. i think i need to get out more.

oh no ! not good.
i just went outside...its night time here in Australia.
i found her at the waterer. no eggs. i called her name..nothing so i went into the coup and gently touched her.
well holy molly, she screamed and panicked fluttering her wings, when she realized who i was she made her usual broooauk, brooak.
i picked her up and put her back in with the others.
im never doing that again, i think both of us were scared to death.!
do you think this is a problem? i guess it might be when our rainy season comes.

Back
Top Bottom