Sleep Walking Rooster?????????????????

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Baby Chick, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Baby Chick

Baby Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    So about 2 nights ago my Mom & I were closing the chickens in for the night, when we realized that the rooster wasn't in. Sometimes for an odd reason he will fall asleep in the old play house I still have. So My Mom goes over & picks him up & he is like half asleep. Usually he is very quiet & we just put him in the coop, but not that night. Instead he started squawking & freaking out completely! He flapped so mach that my Mom had to let him go, it looked like he had broke his leg or was becoming paralyzed or something cuz he wouldn't stand up, he kept flapping, falling over, & using his spurs which he never does. We get him in the coop & he continues, we thought he was dying!! [​IMG] He hobbles out of the coop & into the goat pen where he was sitting in the corner with his head put under the fence, but he wasn't stuck. We ended up just putting him back in the play house & we both knew he wasn't going to make it through the night. But we were WRONG the next morning my Mom is on the back deck & there he is, strutting around right as rain, PERFECT!!!!! It was so odd! Was he like sleep, freaking out? Is it like they say "never wake a sleep walker" but with the chicken? That's what we were thinking but we aren't sure, all we know is that we are NEVER waking him up again!!!!!!!! So what happened?

2. AnimalLady123

AnimalLady123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    At the computer
    I don't know maybe you could Google it???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by