1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sleepieness and squishy egg? Please help! :(

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ChickenPeep, Oct 8, 2011.

1. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    I decided to bring my chicnens home today (from where they usially live) for a play date!
    After a few hours, the largest of the Red sex links named Peach, got really tired and lethargic. I brought her inside and she took a quick nap on me, but then woke up and wouldnt sleep again. I decided she was fine ant took her back out, but she did'nt change. We gave them all some food hoping that would help too, and they quickly gobbled it up. However, that did'nt break the sleepiness. Filanny, when she was about to fall asleep standing up, i brought her inside to take a nap in a cage. I set her on a chair and began setting the cage up. When i turned around, there was a yellow ball under her. The yelloow ball was an egg!! But, it wasnt a normal egg. It was moist and squishy and yellow. We picked up the egg, and she fell asleep on the chair. I decided to leave her there, and thats where she is now.
    Whats wrong with her?!@? Her poop is not bloody, she is eating and dringing, she has never done this before, and she was PERFECTLY fine this morning! Is she okay?!? Im really worried about her. She is my favorite chicken. [​IMG]
    Here is her and the egg.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  2. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Anyone? I really need help!!

3. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Well, she got through withought help. She is fine now.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  4. raymondjames

raymondjames Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    do you know what it was? or did she just do it on her own? (chickens are a lot smarter than we give them credit for. even the people who give them a lot of credit still dont give 'em enough. [​IMG])

5. ChickenPeep

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Well, heres moore info. She is fine now, but i still want to figure out what happened.
    She had allready laid her egg for that day, but it was much lighter in color than usial. She was so tired, i felt really bad! Also, after she went home i discovered another squishy egg in the backyard!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by