1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Sleeping beauty

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Hot Chick, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Hot Chick

Hot Chick Chirping

I decided to make a story in memorial of my little white Orpington girl sleepy,[​IMG](sorry about the bad picture) the day I received the batch of chickens I was worried they were going to be all dead since the shipping took longer than it was supposed too but to my suprise they were all alive and healthy but then when I put them all into the brooder there was one little chick that would just stand there , her eyes closed ,I thought it was just the long trip but over a few days she would just stand there not moving and barely making a sound , I tried to get her too eat and drink but she wouldn't her eyes were always shut , I thought she would die but magically the next day she was perked up and running around and having a great time I was so happy but the happiness was short loved for she died the very next morning, I gave her a proper burial but I still miss her I hope she's happier in heaven, her wings were so white and plush it was as though she was destined to be an angel , r.i.p my beloved sleepy

2. luvmypets

luvmypets Songster

Mar 17, 2013
    East Coast
    :hugs how sweet

3. Pinkaboo

Pinkaboo Songster

May 12, 2014
    Cornwall in the UK
    So sad,
    I still feel shipping live animals is wrong, but accept it a personal choice( well not a choice in the UK as its not an option)
    Poor little sleepy at least she didn't suffer

4. Hot Chick

Hot Chick Chirping

She didn't suffer but sadly when she died I did , even though people say there just chickens to me there more , there still little lives you need to protect and love and when sleepy died I felt as if I failed

5. Pinkaboo

Pinkaboo Songster

May 12, 2014
    Cornwall in the UK
    It certainly wasn't your fault and I bet she knew she was loved
    I've not had a death yet, dreading it I'm so soft, its just human nature to care, you sound a lovely person sleepy was lucky to have you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: