Sleeping outside

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by corvettedan22, Mar 2, 2017.

1. corvettedan22

corvettedan22 New Egg

Jul 11, 2016
    CT
    So, I only have 3 chickens. They have always gotten along. There is one named Addison Chicken that is the least dominate but there's never really a problem and they always sleep cuddled up in the shelter.

The last couple of nights Addison is sleeping alone on the perch in the shelter, and the other two are sleeping on the ramp just outside of the door. I have an opened door, but for the winter I have some hanging plastic. No weather change. They have been fine all winter. I find it really weird. Tonight I just pushed the other two in, and then they hopped up on the perch. I knew there is no problem with them getting in because they lay three eggs every morning...

Any thoughts ?

Dan

2. WillGriffin03

WillGriffin03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2016
    Macedon Ranges
    If they're still laying and healthy I don't see a problem but you should keep them inside at all times.

3. peeper89

peeper89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2017
    do u got mice or bugs in coop? they is somthin they not like. look see if anything wrong inside.

4. corvettedan22

corvettedan22 New Egg

Jul 11, 2016
    CT
    No mice or bugs, coup is rather clean as I just replaced the bedding a couple days ago. Tonight its cold and rainy. They are again outside. I put them back inside, and checked again to find they are still inside. Weird. I wonder if they just don't like that one bird any more.. Enough so to stay outside and freeze..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by