Slight colour variation in eggs. Not sure if same hen is laying them or not. Opinions?

Alydup

Songster
Aug 20, 2018
I have a little group of 3 hens, 2 of whom are 28 weeks. One just started laying a couple weeks ago but I noticed the eggs are slightly varied in colour. One is a naked neck and one I was told was an americauna but I think is actually an Easter egger. Thoughts? Who’s eggs are they? Is it the same hen?

Attachments

• E813AE72-EA10-4147-AAE8-9C63CE57989E.jpeg
    E813AE72-EA10-4147-AAE8-9C63CE57989E.jpeg
    329.3 KB · Views: 12
I would guess the two eggs are from the same hen, the EE. If they were laid on different days, that would further strengthen my guess. The shape of the eggs from a hen will remain the same as a rule, while color can vary slightly, especially for new layers and for much older layers as time goes by.

The eggs aren’t blue but I have read that some Easter eggers lay brownish eggs. (I do have a frizzle that lays blue eggs, which was unexpected). Also, I went out yesterday and the Easter Egger was in the nesting box. There is a photo...

Last edited:
The eggs aren’t blue but I have read that some Easter eggers lay brownish eggs. (I do have a frizzle that lays blue eggs, which was unexpected). Also, I went out yesterday and the Easter Egger was in the nesting box. There is a photo...
The eggs look greenish in the pic. I figured they could be blue but definitely didn't look brown lol

Back
Top Bottom