My flock currently consists of 8 silkie hens, 2 Roos and 2 chicks that are 8 weeks old. The hens and Roos are all a little over a year old. About a month ago I noticed one of my hens starting to sneeze. I read through the forums and decided to try VetRx. Since I rely on the eggs from the hens for my business, I'm seeking natural methods for illness. After purchasing the VetRx I started to put some in the water for all to take and everyone was good except that one hen. So every night for about a week I've been scooping her up and rubbing the VetRx on her beak, her head, her chest and under her wings. I've seen a little bit of improvement but while she was ill it seems as though the rest of the flock has taken a disliking to her? Now one of the Roos is even aggressive towards her! She still is acting like a loner, is better with her breathing but not fully back to normal either. Some of my other hens have started to sneeze now also, but everyone still eats and drinks as usual. The flock is kept in a well ventilated basement of a garage. The temp in the coop is kept between 45-60 (depending on temp outside), humidity 45-55%. Water is changed and bowels cleaned 2-3x a day. All poo is removed twice a day. Flooring is cement with pine and light straw (I'm considering doing away with the straw entirely). Here are some questions that I have for the group: --Are there any other natural remedies to help my flock kick this or are antibiotics the only way? --How long after giving antibiotics do I have to wait until using the eggs? --Will antibiotics (in water) harm my chicks? I have tried separating the hen that was ill and she freaked out! Trying to keep her stress level down I ended up letting her roost with the flock, but during the day she sleeps mostly and steers clear of the rest. I haven't noticed as much congestion, but sometimes she does open her mouth to help her breathe. Again, trying to do natural methods only because my business is centered around eggs and meat from chickens that are hormone & antibiotic free. If I end up having no choice, I can get an antibiotic, but prefer not to if I can help it. Open to all suggestions!