Slightly off but....

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chisNchickens, Feb 25, 2012.

1. chisNchickens

chisNchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
  2. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    [​IMG] A tether, probably?

3. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    That's a gaff...in cockfighting, they trim off the spurs and attach metal blades (removable) to their legs.

4. chseeads

chseeads Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Yeah, that's just a tether in the picture. A lot of times gamefowl roosters are kept tethered because they have the tendency to fight each other if they're together, so that keeps the roosters separate from each other.

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Sorry, it's just a tether.

6. chisNchickens

chisNchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Okay thanks. I didn't know roos were tethered....learn something every day![​IMG]

7. broodybantam

broodybantam Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2012
    In cockfighting, the roosters are kept in a open area, tethered to a small house the tether is so that they don't fight the roo who lives next to them

8. AmyLM

AmyLM Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    Buckley washington
    My friend also has to teather her roos because even though they arnt an aggressive breed she wants to keep them in peak condition for showing. If they were all loose together they would be torn up just in time for shows... So its not just fighting birds that are tethered. Its also handy to keep roos that like to roam nicely in their yards. Neighbors appreciate that.[​IMG]

9. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    Oh, haha. I didn't see the green rope at first...blends into the grass. Teaches me to look more carefully! I thought it looked too large.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by