Slipped tendon in peachicks

Trudee

In the Brooder
Oct 22, 2020
Can a slipped tendon in a peachick be fixed if it has been slipped for over a week? I thought it was just an injured leg until I did more research. Peacock chicks are not calm and will probably not tolerate a sling (If I can figure out how to make one for it). I have the leg firmly wrapped but I don't know if it has slipped back out. Do I need to take the wrap off daily, make sure the tendon is in place and rewrap it? Since this peachick is about 10 weeks old, is there any hope for fixing this? If not, then will she just walk around with a bad limp or is it painful too? I don't want her to be in pain. Any advice would be appreciated.
Bird 1a.JPG
Bird 1a.JPG

Your wrap is doing nothing for the tendon, it slipped off the track going over the hock. Try to straighten the leg and push the tendon back in place then wrap it going from where it was to the side where it belongs. Keep the leg straight for a day or two then inspect to see if it will stay in place. When you take the wrap off you will need to hold the tendon in place while you flex the leg as the tendon will be short and want to slip off again if not supported. I will check back with pics later when I have more time.

Back
Top Bottom