Slippin' n slidin' down into the crazy pitt.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by puckbunny87, Apr 30, 2008.

1. puckbunny87

puckbunny87 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2008
    Norco, CA
    So I picked up my last chicks from the feed store today... 5 Buff Orps, 5 SLWs, and 5 Americaunas. I stopped by my mom's house to pick up all of my chicken-raising supplies, and while I was there, I ended up catching a teenage-gopher. I didn't have the heart to dispose of him, so I put him in a plastic box for "relocation" somewhere away from the gardens and lawns. Let me set the scene for you:

A box of 15 baby chicks, seat belted into the front seat. A blue plastic kiddie pool, folded in half and stuffed unceremoniously, into my back seat. There's a roll of chicken wire, a light, and a 50lb sack of scratch in my trunk. Oh yeah, and a gopher on the floor of the front seat, in a plastic box.

As I climbed into the car, I thought..."Gee, I hope I don't get pulled over." [​IMG]

I have suddenly become that crazy lady that lives down the street, with all the cats and chickens [​IMG]

2. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    [​IMG]

3. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

LOL! That sounds like our house. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. ruth

ruth Life is a Journey

Jul 8, 2007
    Woodville, MS
    I can picture it well. On Christmas night we moved our flock of chickens and cats and dogs to our new farm. In back of my husbands truck was four boxes of grown hens, 4-5 to a box. Inside cab was hubby and I and 3 cats, each in a pillowcases (don't ask); 1 cat loose; and 1 dog and of course all the cat/dog beds, kennels, and chicken feeders, waterers. We looked worse than the Beverly Hillbillies and it was Christmas night.

6. puckbunny87

puckbunny87 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2008
    Norco, CA
    We looked worse than the Beverly Hillbillies and it was Christmas night.

Lol! Well, at least I'm not the only crazy on the road [​IMG]

7. M.J

M.J Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Maryland
    lol:p[​IMG]
    thats me going to poultry shows look like the bunkin umkin with wooden frenced tail gate with my name on it so my family doesn't break it or burn it with chickens in cages in the back staring at drivers behind use on the road:)

8. RobinEgg

RobinEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    So nice to meet you puckbunny, I'm in the same club.....crazy cat/chicken lady club .
    It's nice to know I'm not alone.

9. RobinEgg

RobinEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    Once when we were going on vacation we took our son's goat to my mom to be taken care of....we transported him in our mini van and yep he sat in the floor just like a dog, no crate.....I remember thinking "we're just like the beverly hillbillies"

10. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

did I need that visual today??!!!
    Thanks for the laugh.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by