Slow crop / lethargic / scoliosis - have gone to vet

MoosePijamas

Songster
Oct 11, 2017
Springfield, Oregon
This all stated about two weeks ago. Tina is a 1.5 year silkie mix. We had some hot days here in Oregon but everyone seemed fine. A couple of days later tina seemed slow and lethargic. I separated her and noticed her crop wasn’t emptying and she had a huge mass.

I followed up with some oil and massage which seemed to help. Limited her foods. She continued to not empty her crop and kept getting weaker.

a vet exam and X-rays later showed that Tina has scoliosis. They also said that she has not ingested any foreign. The exam also revealed that her abdomen was tender. They sent ne home with antibiotics and pain meds.

i don’t think the antibitoics helped - if anything, it seems to have made the doughy crop come back. I followed the recipe I found here of lime, cayenne, cinnamon and ginger. 3 times a day, work the mass down. The moment I give her back any food, the crop inflates and takes massage to get it down.

the vet has how prescribed me some special food I give her which is easily digestible. I’m also giving her fluids under her skin due to her dehydration. The vet wants to do a $790 GI upper contrast to see what info that gives us but I can’t swing $790.

I have also begun giving her that acidified copper stuff. We’re on day 3. It seems like the crop is emptying now but I defiantly feel SOMETHING in the crop. It’s hot as doughy as it was before. No amount of massage or anything has helped getting those out. One is the size of a small blueberry. The other is long and lumpy.

before I make the decision to let her go, I wanted to check if anyone here has any other idea on what I can do for Tina.

Attachments

• D259CDFA-5414-4504-A4DD-672017CD0A5D.jpeg
    D259CDFA-5414-4504-A4DD-672017CD0A5D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • AD21DBF8-F256-4E14-A688-81C9A4BC4243.jpeg
    AD21DBF8-F256-4E14-A688-81C9A4BC4243.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom