Slow day and I'm Curious - Do Color Spots Fade with Age in Coturnix?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Buttercup Chillin, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Buttercup Chillin

Buttercup Chillin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    I was just looking at one of my ducks and got to wondering. She's White with a Black spot on her back and of course it is fading and will completely disappear with age.

So, for those of you that keep your Coturnix ladies going. Do their colors fade as they get older? I was wondering, cause I have a baby White with the color spot in the same place as my duck. And was wondering if I kept her would her color spot start disappearing as she aged.

Can you tell its raining and I am bored.

2. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

I can let you know if the spots on my English Whites fade or disappear in a few years if you'd like ...[​IMG]

3. Buttercup Chillin

Buttercup Chillin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    Well silly, I will have figured it out (seen) by then, if I keep a few that long. [​IMG]
    It does in chickens. It does in ducks, so I was wondering.
    I bet it does, but they probably don't live long enough for it to completely fade. Well, maybe I should find out. Oh no, that means more pens. DH is not going to like that.

4. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    No They Do Not Fade With Age, But May Fade With Sunlight Exposure, Once Molting Is Completed They Will Be Bright, Shiney, And New... Right Where They Were In The 1st Place

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by